Author Topic: when need to check the tyre?  (Read 1845 times)

Offline kakan

when need to check the tyre?
« on: September 22, 2014, 12:57:11 AM »
hey all, my husband told me I need to check my tyre for every 5000km run..is this true?                              
can I know how long you all check your own car tyre once?                              

Offline fatthippo

• TES New Vtec
Re: when need to check the tyre?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 07:29:02 PM »
yeah, that's the good habit!! we should check our tyre every 5000km runs. besides, i think it is very important to choose suitable tyre for our car!! because it is safer for us as driver. everyone has different driving style, so of course not everyone suits the same tyre lor

Offline bluety

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 05:31:33 PM »
hey all, my husband told me I need to check my tyre for every 5000km run..is this true?                              
can I know how long you all check your own car tyre once?

it suppose to be 5000km but sometimes my car run till 6000 or 8000 km only get it check
need to check from time to time to know how much tread left and prepare for next change

Offline celaka

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 06:05:53 PM »
Tyre is not so important to me, as long as can bring you to the destinantion, that is enough d. Dun need expensive one. I think engine is more important as it give the overall performance for the car.

Offline mrjian

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 07:14:12 PM »
i know that tyre pressure also can affect the tyre condition         
i always send my car to regular service to avoid accident happen         
i really like the good service of tyreplus..actually Tyreplus is a convenient one-stop-shop...you can find out more from tis website         
http://www.tyreplus.com.my/tyreplus/tyretips/tyretips.aspx         

Offline jcy

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 12:50:20 PM »
not only tyre treadwear but also the air pressure of the tyre
alignment and balancing around 2-3 years once or when I get my tyre change  ;)

Offline migujem

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »
yup yup, will definitely take good care of my car. cause i got no money to buy a new one again. lol
and i will check my car before start driving to ensure it has no prob

Offline MCDS

• Moderator Member
  • TES Turbo Vtec
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 08:47:39 AM »
Tyre pressure should be checked every week unless you installEd a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Tyres are the only things connecting you to the road. Going and stopping well, control when turning, cornering...all using the tyres. To say it is not important is to be totally mis-informed. Every 5,000km inspection is a good rule of thumb. That is the time to also physically rotate the tyres - this means to change the tyres from wheel to wheel. Must be done at tyre shop. They will rebalance them (due to wear of tyre) as well for a small fee.